Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Death by Chocolate

Ok.. maybe not "death"... but too much could equal a stomach ache. Not that I would know.

I know some of you might be on that "New Years Diet" - and to you I appologize in advance for what I am about to share. And to the rest of you.. get ready for something easy and heavenly.

My niece on the husbands side of the family is currently home for Christmas break from her first year of college. It was great to see her - especially after she made this pie for the family ME!

You will need:
1 Premade Graham Cracker Crust
1 cup Milk
1 cup Vanilla Ice cream
1 small box instant Vanilla pudding
1 small box instant Chocolate pudding
1/2 tsp Vanilla
1 small Cool Whip
1 Chocolate Bar


 Set the Cool Whip and Chocolate Bar aside for now. You won't need them until the end. Take the other ingredients and put them all into a bowl. Mix them until completely blended.

 Pour into the Graham Cracker Crust.
 Put lid on pie and put in fridge to chill for 2 hours or more.

 When ready to serve - top with Cool Whip
 Then take a chunk of your chocolate bar and "shave" over pie. I used a cheese grater... nothing fancy. I only used 1/4 of the candy bar.

 And finally you will need to employ self control and start with just one piece.. yummmmmm....

Disclaimers:
- I couldn't get flash to work on the last few pictures - sorry about color. I can't go back and retake them because.. well, the kids ate 1/2 the pie. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

- Excuse the paper plate please. The kitchen was clean and I didn't want to dirty a dish.

- I may or may not have had a piece for breakfast today... just saying! Pin It

10 comments:

Anna said...

Pie is my favorite breakfast food! Your's looks yummy.

Anonymous said...

Looks delicious and wickedly naughty :0)

Maria said...

OHHHHHHHHHH YUMMMMMMMMMM. Pie for breakfast sounds good. LOL

lisa said...

thank you! I am a little tired of my chocolate cream pie, I needed a new one! (the same one, demanded every time I go to any dinner, for the past 10 years, since I was 16 and learned it from my youth minister at my church....it's good, but I have to make at least one a month, I need to mix it up!)

and I wouldn't have known that was a paper plate! I thought "that's such a cute dish pattern!" until I read your note!!

boysmum2 said...

If I was on a NY diet resolution then you have just blown it for me with all the lovely recipes you have posted. I must try the rolo/pretzels snack. As for this lovely dessert, shame they do not have good choc/vanilla pudding mixes here in NZ or I would be trying this one really quick! Luckily we do not have a substitue for Cool Whip either, so pretty safe from this unless...maybe....I consider....adapting it with what we have?? Now there is an idea......must go shopping to do!

RobynLouise said...

I have the choc pudding but no cool whip (which I assume is cream in a can)or chocolate so I'll be good and settle for feasting my eyes. I'll definitely have to work on building my willpower if I continue to follow this blog ;P.

Teresa said...

Heidi, you are evil! Evil, I say!
It strikes me funny that my "word verification" is "makshic"
Sounds like Milkshake to me!

Toni said...

Serious YUM!!

apple blossom said...

I've never seen the pie recipe I have Death by Chocolate cake recipe. Now you are not helping my New Year's Resolution. ;P

Anonymous said...

wow...i love pie...can i have some..hehehe..i'll try make it..