Thursday, May 27, 2010

Sloppy Joe.. slop sloppy joe...



With moving on my horizon - I haven't been sewing as much as I want. But the kids need to eat.. so I can't escape cooking! I thought I would share a simple recipe for a quick and easy meal. And who doesn't like Sloppy Joe's?

You will start with
1 1/2 lbs hamburger
salt/pepper
onion (optional) I use dehydrated onion but fresh is fine too.

Brown all that in a pan.

Once complete add the following:
1 cup of Ketchup
1 cup of Coke

Yeah.. that's it. Just Coke and Ketchup! Allow to simmer for 20 minutes or so.. they will cook down and thicken.



Grab a bag of chips, shred some cheddar and whaalaah... dinner done!



If you try this recipe - let me know what you think!
Pin It

5 comments:

Maria said...

Interesting. Much be an American recipe.

Luv 2 Kreate said...

may have to try this sometime :)

Lis Harwood said...

Hmm, if you added a lettuce leaf or a slice of tomato, or both, it would be really healthy vbg

Helen in Switzerland said...

Woah I've never seen anything like this! If I put coke into a meal my son would think he had died and gone to heaven. I'm going to have to try it - as I can't for the life of me imagine what it tastes like!
How did Mrs Curtis like her quilt? I'm sure everyone is waiting to hear - don't keep us in tenterhooks. My money is on her crying and smiling and hugging everyone - but maybe she isn't that sort of teacher!

Darlene B said...

I am definitely going to give this recipe a try. I already use pepsi (with a couple other ingredients)when I do a beef roast in the crock pot. It's absolutely the best! dsb448@att.net