Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Do you have 10 minutes???

Yes.. well then you have time to make these Christmas treats.

Seriously - these are the easiest Christmas cookies I have ever made. I love to bake for Christmas each year. I have my list of usuals - you know.. things I make year after year.

But this year - I found something new. And OH MY.. they are GOOD. Bonus is that they are NO bake!!

This is what you need:
1 brick of Vanilla Almond Bark
1 package of Oreo's (control yourself.. I know how tempting these can be. Leave the milk in the fridge!)
Spinkles (red, green and/or a candy cane)


The two eager "Helpers" are totally optional. But let me just say - they had a blast making them. It was the perfect treat to make with kids because they could do all the work and they loved it!

1. Melt your Vanilla Almond Bark
2. Dip your Oreo about 1/2 way into Almond Bark
3. Lay on wax paper
4. Sprinkle with colored sugar or a crushed candy cane (the candy cane is my favorite).
5. Allow to cool.
6. Eat all before going to bed Arrange on a plate and give to the neighbors.


YUMMY!!
Pin It

11 comments:

Heidi said...

What a yummy idea Heidi! I want to try these too - hope I can find the Almond bark here in Holland, and as soon as I do, I'm going to share these with friends and neighbors too!

Poppyprint said...

Great one for the kids to do! I think you could just use plain white chocolate buttons for the dipping if almond bark is elusive. Thanks!!

Barb said...

Those do look good.

Have you ever gotten ritz crackers, filled with peanute butte and then dipped into the chocolate almond bark....oh yesssss that was always a family hit as well.

QuilterMary said...

Almond bark? Is it readily available in the grocery store? Haven't heard of it but I'm definitely making these!

RobynLouise said...

Lol, at least the helpers will grow upwards not outwards :). Why is it everyone seems to be featuring chocolate things on their blogs? I'm trying so hard to be good and not indulge before Christmas :(.

Toni said...

You SO ROCK! These are easy and perfect! Ya know I would have never thought to make these - easier to purchase made! Thank you! Now to run back out to the store for my baking day tomorrow!

Val said...

Oh I will have to try these. Thank you for the recipe!!! Have we got enough votes yet???

Unknown said...

The Oreos look delicious!
I have tried this with Nutter Butter cookies before but I think I would like the chocolate better.

Judy

Cheryll said...

My mouth is watering as I write! Yum!!!!!!!!!

Shay said...

Totally made these today for work Chrostmas lunch. Used white chocolate because there is no such things as Almond bark in Australia (plus Im allergic to nuts so it seemed kind of silly ...)

Anyway mine dont look as fabulous as yours , but they were a big hit.

Thanks for sharing!

Quilter Raised in the South said...

Thanks so much for this recipe! I made a lot of them this year, they were fabulous and quick to make! I used white chocolate chips instead of the almond bark. You helped make a new Christmas tradition for our family this year!