Friday, August 21, 2009

Best Chocolate Cake EVER!!!

I haven't been sewing this week - just wasn't feeling it. But it's coming this weekend - trust me. I have alot of organizing planned for my sewing room and that always get's me going.

Anyway - since I haven't shared much lately, I decided to share my top secret from scratch Chocolate Cake recipe. If you are like me and you love a moist, dense cake then you have to try this. It is THE BEST chocolate cake EVER!!! Don't believe me? Then try it and you will see.

I don't have a photo - because it doesn't last long.

But here it is..

Preheat oven to 350
2 cups Flour
1/2 cup Cocoa
2 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp salt (optional)

Combine in bowl and set aside.

In a new bowl, cream together
2 tsp Vanilla
1/2 cup Butter (softened)
2 cups Sugar
Add 2 cups Boiling Water
Mix until well blended
Add 2 eggs
Then gradually add the dry ingredients.

Pour into 9x13 in pan and bake for 30 mins or until center done.

While on cooling rack - make the Frosting

Frosting
In sauce pan combine
1 cup Sugar
5 Tbsp Butter
1/4 cup milk or half n half

Bring to boil - boil 1 minute stirring constantly.
Remove from heat and add 1 cup Chocolate Chips

Beat until starts to set. Pour/Spread hot frosting over warm cake.

This chocolate frosting recipe is from my uncle - he uses it on his brownies. But it's equally good on this cake.

If you are having a chocolate craving.. you must try this cake. You won't be disappointed. And you will never make cake from a box again!!! Pin It

0 comments: