Monday, February 25, 2013

Apple Dumplings (aka Apple Crack)




So occasionally, I make this dessert for my family. We call them Apple Crack because they are addicting!

Ingredients:
2 Tart Apples
1 Prepackaged roll of "original" Crescent Rolls
1/2 Cup Butter
1/2 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup Vanilla Ice Cream



1. Peel the apples and cut into quarters. You will have 8 pieces.


2. Open Crescent Rolls and wrap dough of one crescent around 1 apple chunk. Some stretching is needed. But they should cover the apple easily.


3. Spray a baking dish with non-stick spray. Place all dough covered apples in dish.

4. Next, melt 1/2 cup Butter and 1/2 Cup Sugar in saucepan. Bring to a boil and heat until sugar is melted.


5. Then remove from heat and stir in 1/2 Cup Vanilla Ice Cream into the Butter/Sugar mixture. Stir until melted. The ice cream is the essential surprise ingredient.  


6. Pour mixture over dumplings and bake in a 350 degree oven for approximately 40 minutes.


7. Dish yourself up before letting anyone else in the house know they are ready.


Serve with s scoop of vanilla ice cream... YUM!!!





Pin It

19 comments:

Linda T said...

These do look/sound addicting! I'm gonna have to try them.

Kindred Quilts said...

I'm not much of a baker... but even I can handle these... yummy!

Just Ramblin' said...

These look yummy! As I love anything with apples, I'll be anxious to try them. Nola

make.share.give said...

These sound really good. We have a recipe in which the secret ingredient is Mountain Dew. also, quite good.

Paula said...

I gained 5 pounds just reading the recipe then, I ate the picture! LOL!
Going to try this. Thanks!

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

These are different than the apple dumplings I am used to making. Might give them a try though.

Val said...

Oh my goodness! This looks so good! My Mom just told me that she made something called Apple dumplings. I wonder if it is the same thing! Yum!!!!

Wendy said...

Oh my goodness! I have made these with a can of mountain dew instead of ice cream. I am going to try these this week with the ice cream. Looks so yummy!

Kay Lynne said...

My husband would love this :)

StasaLynn said...

"aka Apple Crack" totally made me laugh while I was blog hopping on my lunch break.... I have added myself to your followers so I can come and read some more of your blog! Looks great....

Thanks for sharing the apple crack recipe... definitely have some in the fam that would LOVE this!

Susannah said...

Hi, Val sent me over to check out the recipe!!!! It looks so delish! I will be making this soon. Thank you!

Friends,
Susannah

Linda said...

Ooh, this sounds yummy. I'm going to try this out this weekend when no one else is around! Yeah, all for me!

Kaisievic said...

Looks and sounds delicious! Yum!

Maria said...

Hello Hiedi.
I just popped over to check out the sign up for FNSI...
Are we having one?????

Suzie Quattro said...

Erh.... hello? What about all those calories piled in those suckers? U can't be serious, right?

Linda said...

Well, I made this recipe this morning and I think I'm hooked. I know why you call it Apple Crack! It's great. I made it with Honeycrisp apples and it was a little sweet. Next time, I;m going to try Granny Smith apples. Thanks for sharing the recipe..

Anonymous said...

Those look so easy and good.

online quran classes said...

Doanh Doanh said...



hãng eva airline
mua vé máy bay đi mỹ hãng nào rẻ
hãng korean air
mua vé máy bay đi mỹ giá rẻ
Vé máy bay đi canada
Những Chuyến Đi Cuộc Đời
Ngẫu Hứng Du Lịch
Kien Thuc Du Lich