So occasionally, I make this dessert for my family. We call them Apple Crack because they are addicting!
2 Tart Apples
1 Prepackaged roll of "original" Crescent Rolls
1/2 Cup Butter
1/2 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup Vanilla Ice Cream
1. Peel the apples and cut into quarters. You will have 8 pieces.
2. Open Crescent Rolls and wrap dough of one crescent around 1 apple chunk. Some stretching is needed. But they should cover the apple easily.
3. Spray a baking dish with non-stick spray. Place all dough covered apples in dish.
4. Next, melt 1/2 cup Butter and 1/2 Cup Sugar in saucepan. Bring to a boil and heat until sugar is melted.
5. Then remove from heat and stir in 1/2 Cup Vanilla Ice Cream into the Butter/Sugar mixture. Stir until melted. The ice cream is the essential surprise ingredient.
6. Pour mixture over dumplings and bake in a 350 degree oven for approximately 40 minutes.
7. Dish yourself up before letting anyone else in the house know they are ready.
Serve with s scoop of vanilla ice cream... YUM!!!