Friday, August 31, 2012

Oh Baby...

You know those moments that make you realize how old you are? I've had one of those recently.

Waaaaay back when I was 19yrs old, I met a life long friend. When we met, she had a little baby.. named Kayla. I watched Kayla grow up over the years... she got married.. and now she is expecting her first little baby.

Here is her belly... I love this picture.



So when she found out she was expecting - before she even knew if it was a boy or a girl.. she wanted the Sock Monkey theme.

I offered to make the nursery items for her and her sweet hubby.

As soon as she found out she was having a girl.. I was secretly hoping she would change her mind and go with something pink and super girly. Since I only have boys.. I was dying to do something pink.

But we moved ahead with the sock monkey and honestly, it turned out so cute!!

Here is a snapshot..


And a close up of the bumper pads.


And the curtains..


And a pillow..


This is the back of the pillow..


But, when I drove the 4 1/2 hours to deliver it all, we discovered that the crib skirt was too long. So I had to bring it back home with me and shorten it a bit. So here it is hanging over my kitchen island since I don't have a crib in my house to display it.


I used this pattern to make the skirt - but shortened to only 14 inches long.


Her is the insides of the pleats.


I have a few more blankets that I'm working on for her. She is just days away from delivering. I can't wait!!!
Pin It

8 comments:

kayerj said...

Those turned out really nice Heidi. I bet she loves them.

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

Oh my goodness Heidi, I'm in LOVE with sock monkeys. When my son was two, I made him a twin size quilt out of those fabrics. I posted about it long ago, but just reposted a pic of it in a blog post today. Love love love everything you made!

Maria said...

What a fabulous theme for the nursery..
Looks fabulous Heidi you did a great job....

Impera Magna said...

Fantastic... I love all the stuff you made for the nursery!

A good thing about the sock monkey theme is that it could be used for the next baby... boy or girl!

Linda Lee said...

Awesome--This baby is already a very loved and adored little one. Her nursery is sweet. I also really like her sweet picture. A gift wrapped baby!

Gene Black said...

The great part about these is that if she now has a second child and it is a boy, she can still use them.

Anonymous said...

Heidi you have done an awesome job its so cute.xx

Wendy said...

Wow, you did a great job! What a lucky baby