Monday, September 10, 2012

Back In Session

School has finally started again! The first day was last Tuesday. and with that comes Fall and more time for sewing.

Although I do Love Summer, here is a list of things I won't miss...

1. My messy house..I will be honest, it's never spotless, but man those kids can make a giant mess when they are home.

2. The extra grocery expense. Why does it seem like they eat more? I pack them a daily lunch during school so it's not like I get out of any meals.

3. Week day sleepovers. I know I'm the parent and I could say "no" to this, but it's Summer and I feel like they should have some extra excitement. (Maybe this is where the extra groceries are coming from? Hmmm)

4. "I'm bored". The dreaded two word sentence.

5. The days I actually go to the office so I can get some peace and then I get the screaming phone call "he's being mean to me....aaaahhh... Here he comes.... Mom....help...." these calls usually end with me talking through clenched teeth "put your brother on the phone...put your brother on the phone... PUT YOUR BROTHER ON THE PHONE!!!"

Please tell me this is normal!?

Needless to say, I was so excited about the first day of school, I almost slept in the car!


Pin It

9 comments:

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

LOL great post! Was it Staples who used to do the TV commercial with the parents walking around picking up school supplies and singing 'its the most wonderful time of the year'~? I was just as giddy for school to start, for all the same reasons as you! The insanity was over and we could get back to a schedule. :-) Enjoy the school year!

Anonymous said...

Oh man, I used to tell them it was party time! Now I have an empty nest since both my boys are now young men. I love when they come home. Enjoy the moments with fond memories. It all really does go too fast!

Kaisievic said...

Yep, sounds about normal for school holidays! Enjoy them being back for the new school year.

Maria said...

LOL I am so pleased I am over all that....
My Mum used to go to bed with a cuppa and a good book the first day us five went back to school.LOL
Now I love to have the granndies for holidays to give Mum ( my DD) a break...
Love the photo of the boys... They are soooo big...

Quilter Kathy said...

Normal for sure...I really miss those days!

Anonymous said...

gee the boys are growing up fast Heidi.xx

Court Marriage New Delhi said...

Ahaa, its nice dialogue regarding this paragraph at this place at this blog, I have read all that, so at this time me also commenting here.
Court Marriage New Delhi

Libby said...

I laughed out loud when I came to the 'slept in the car' line! Yup, I've been there..then all of a sudden you're packing the car for the move to college and wishing back for what was once your normal ending to summer.

L

Teresa said...

All I can add is "Amen sister!"