So in between the scrubbing and resting.. I was able to get one thing done. I gave you a sneak peak of this quilt in this post... and tonight it's finally finished!!
Above is a picture of the front.. I did the disappearing 9 patch pattern for the center. And above is the back of the quilt - I didn't have any yardage so for the entire quilt, I used a charm pack, jelly roll and a layer cake. I only had 2 jelly strips left over... and some other scraps.
The fabric is Tranquility by Moda. It measures 54 x 65 (before I washed it.. it's in the washer right now).
And - the next exciting thing I want to share, I signed up with a great organization called "Quilts for Kids". I learned about this organization from a fellow blogger - Sue. They sent me a kit pictured below - All I have to do is sew it into the quilt according to the pattern they sent me and then mail it back to them. It will be given to a child who is hospitalized. I can't wait to make many quilts for them - this is just my first. I will be sure to share photos of it when it's complete.Pin It