Saturday, April 17, 2010

Friday Night Results

Another successful Friday Night Sew-In!! So many of us were hard at "work" last night doing what we love to do.. and we were doing it together. I love that part!

I didn't know where to begin last night because I have way too many projects going on. I'm sure you can relate. So I just jumped in. I need to catch up on my Pinwheel Sampler blocks... so I worked on those. I'm not caught up yet though. But I'm doing two quilts - and here they are.


I still have a lot of work to do on these pinwheel quilts. But I'm really loving them both.

Then I made a baby bib - it was a last minute idea.. and I think it turned out pretty cute.


It has flannel front and terry cloth back.

And before I let you go - I want to share the butterflys again.. we have 4 of them now.

It was REALLY hard to get a picture of one with it's wings open. Especially since the bottom of the 'cage' is decorated with butterflys. Anyway - I put the arrow at the one that is open - isn't it beautiful?! and the other 3 have circles on them. We have one cocoon that hasn't opened.. and it may not since it hasn't by now.

UPDATED to add - shortly after posting this, our 5th cocoon emerged. We now have 5 Butterflies!!!

We will be letting them go in a few days. They will live in our backyard for a few days before leaving I guess (that's what the instructions say anyway) - let's just hope my dog doesn't get em. She's been after em already. We had to hang the cage up high so she can't reach it. Every time they flutter around she perks up. Silly dog!

Don't forget to come back tomorrow for the Giveaway winners from me and Bobbi.

Happy Saturday!
Pin It

22 comments:

Luv 2 Kreate said...

Great projects...you were busy!
Those butterflies are way cool :)

Dresden Quilter said...

I love love your pinwheels. I have tons of Fresh and now I would love to make pinwheels with them.

Darling Jill Quilts said...

I had a great time last night and have already posted my results on my blog!

Love the butterfly pic!! Very cool idea to see the life cycle!

*Cornelia* said...

great on what you were working love the bib fabric, and beautiful butterflies.

Hugs

Jane said...

Love the bib. How fabulous to have all the butterflies hatch

sophie said...

I love both colorways for the pinwheel quilts. You really accomplished a lot last night. Brava!

Mrs Quilty said...

I really love the soft blues and yellows pinwheel! Stunning! You do have a lot of projects going, but isn't that what makes us interesting quilters? I have more than I can count and a couple of my friends say, I just can't do that. I have to finish one project before I start another! Boring!

Linda Lee said...

I made great progress on a baby quilt for my grandchild that is due any day.
That is if it is a girl!! I have it pictured on my blog!

Polly said...

I loved sewing together last night! I am pleased that I got all my blocks made! I just posted about them here http://auntpollysporch.blogspot.com/2010/04/block-buster.html Polly

nrnoodle said...

I had a lot of fun taking part in this last night. It was my first time. I wasn't able to get as much done as I wanted to. Hopefully next month I won't be sick and I can me more productive. Thanks for the fun.
http://nrnoodle.blogspot.com/2010/04/friday-night-sew-in.html

Anonymous said...

Heidi, I love seeing both versions of your pinwheels - so different and both so beautiful in their own ways.

Thanks so much for sharing.

Regards, Sue

Cheryl said...

Love the butterflies...and great projects. Reporting in! Thanks again for the motivation!!
http://www.polkadotsandrickrack.blogspot.com/2010/04/friday-night-sew-in-update.html

Cleary (Cie) said...

I posted my results on my blog. This is so much fun i can't wait for the next one. I love the colors of your pinwheel quilts.
Huggs,
Cleary K.

Dawn said...

I love your pinwheels! I finished up some applique blocks that I had in progress. I've posted some pictures on my blog. Thanks for the Friday Night Stitching time!
http://springwaterdesigns.blogspot.com/

Susan said...

Not sure if I need to link up again with what I got accomplished last night, but here's my post with pics! This was fun and gave me the little push I needed to work on a couple of projects - thanks! :)

http://bygrace3.blogspot.com/2010/04/friday-night-sew-in-results.html

Mistea said...

Thanks for hosting the Friday Night Sew In - I made good progress on my Bag project and continued on Saturday to record a finish.
I love looking at everyone else's pinwheel blocks and yours are beautiful in both colour ways.

Joanne said...

Your pinwheel blocks look fantastic! Thanks for hosting the FNSI! ♥

Mikol said...

I still need to make my pinwheel blocks from last week and then decide which pinwheel block I'll make this week.
Thanks for the FNS, I was able to work on a table topper.

Sue said...

Wow! Your FNSI was much more productive than mine Heidi. Great work.

Helen in Switzerland said...

Hi Heidi,
oh it makes me feel much better to see that you have multiple projects going on too. The blue / yellow pinwheel quilt is may favourite - the colours are just gorgeous!
have a nice Sunday!

Dawn said...

Heidi, your projects are great! My granddaughter did the butterfly thing last year. She got them for her 4th birthday, which is just around the corner. I think her mom is going to get them again this year as they are so much fun to watch....the butterflies and my granddaughter! Thanks again for the great give-away!

lenoirdenantes said...

I so enjoyed my first Friday Night Sit In. I felt the friendship of all the participants as I worked on my quilt top. Thank you.

I have entered on my quilt blog what I did Friday, but it still needs pictures.

Thank you again for hosting our FNSI.

Karen W. in S.W. Ohio