Saturday, October 8, 2011

Double the Cuteness!

One very nice benefit of going to Arizona this past week for work - was that I was able to see some of my old friends.

Even though I missed my kids terribly, I was wishing I had more time to see everyone.

Just 4 short months ago, my friend Ashley had twin baby boys. I couldn't wait to meet them and to see their whole family. They went from a family of 3 to a family of 5!!


When I first met Ashley.. she was a single girl. Look at her now.

I made super soft flannel blankets for the boys. Since they live in the desert, I didn't want to make something too warm. They are self binding blankets - if you've never made one before, you need to consider them next time you need a quick baby gift. Here is a great tutorial. They are so easy to make.

I miss these babies so much right now!!! They are identical and so happy! Benjamin and Ethan... but I seriously couldn't tell you which is which. 


Here they are snuggling with the new blankies. I told their Mom that when I come back next year for their 1st B'day, I expect them to be dragging these blankies around as their favorites.

And here is Kennedy - she is so sweet. I brought her a Moose from Minnesota. 


The moose is wearing a wool sweater with a moose on it. The irony made me laugh.

Here are some better pictures of the blankets. 

This is my new "go to" baby blanket.
Pin It

10 comments:

Impera Magna said...

The boys are soooo adorable! And big sister looks like a sweetie... so glad you got to see your friends and get to hold the little babies!

Libby said...

Oh.my.gosh. Those babies are adorable!!!

Anonymous said...

lovely post heidi and glad you had time to catchup with friends.

Denise :) said...

Darling boys ... and darling baby quilts, too! :)

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Sweet sweet baby boys and those blankets are perfect!

Krista Schneider said...

awesome! glad you got to see old pals, and those blankies are adorable!

Katy Cameron said...

Very cute, and yes, they will surely have been dragged all over hte place by next year. Good job brown hides dirt so well lol

Val said...

Precious babies and big sis!!! We just had a new grandbaby last week so I am catching up on blogs tonight. Been so busy with a 2 year old and newborn!!! lol Love those blankets too! I will check that out.

Lis Harwood said...

So cute.

Becky said...

Really love the baby blankets and plan to use your tutorial in the near future--they are way cute. Thanks so much for sharing. And the twins are soooo adorable! Your friend is so blessed :)