Sunday, February 20, 2011

Call off the Search Party!!

I’m here – I’m alive. I’m sorry I’ve been absent, but I’ve been a little under the weather.


As I’m sure you all agree – there are different levels of “sick”.

There is “too sick to go to work”

“too sick to go to the quilt store”

And finally.. “too sick to sew”

Now, when someone is too sick to sew – hopefully they have sought medical attention.

Earlier this week I was actually too sick to sew. But by Friday night I was only too sick to go to the quilt store. (You still with me?) So I was sewing with the rest of you… and it felt good too.

And today, I feel really good – I don’t sound good – but I feel good.

Enough about me though.. wanna see what I worked on?

Remember this bench?
It was one of my 2010 to do items. When we cleaned out my in-laws house last summer, it was one of the items that we brought home.

Now it looks like this.



Ain't it purdy?!

And remember back in January when I said that I was going to try and do one unfinished item from 2010 per month this year? Well, this is my February finish from 2010. So far so good!

Pin It

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello Heidi...
I have been too sick to sew. Had the flu for almost 2 weeks. Hopefully this next week I can start sewing again.
I love your bench and cover!!! A keeper!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

It looks wonderful Heidi! What a great job. Hope you are feeling better.

sunny said...

I'm so glad to hear you're feeling better. Too sick to sew is pretty drastic! Your bench is beautiful!!

Joanne said...

The bench looks fantastic! Great block pattern and great fabric - can't go wrong!!♥

Impera Magna said...

The bench is beautiful... I love it!

Glad to hear you're feeling better!

Poppyprint said...

So sorry you were that sick -Ugh!!!
You did an amazing job on the bench it is a really beautiful piece of furniture!

PinkGranny said...

Sorry you have been sick. I am getting sick now too.

The bench turned out so wonderful. Good job.

Teresa said...

It's good to have you back! Your bench looks marvelous too. Good luck on March!

Rachel said...

Wow, Heidi! That is gorgeous! Beautiful job. You definitely weren't too sick to sew on Friday night.

Hope you're feeling better soon :)

deborah said...

Beautiful work - loving the bench!
I was sick Friday too...really just felt too bad to sew. Now my machine has went haywire, so I'm trying to figure that out. I wanna sew NOW:))

Janice said...

I love your bench. I love vintage furniture, and especially items where someone has made it their own.

Thanks for sharing.

Brenda said...

I love this! I love the bench and I really love the new seat cover you made.

Deanna said...

My sympathy. Glad you are back, and it looks like the bench is too. Nice work.

Salem Stitcher said...

Glad you are feeling better! Too sick to sew is an awful place to be.

LOVE the bench!

pinsandneedles said...

Glad your feeling better. The bench is VERY purdy! Love it!

boysmum2 said...

WOW
Glad you are feeling better. That is awesome, I am impressed as all your points meet and it looks like a star.
Pat on the back to you.

Anonymous said...

The new bench cover is beautiful. I love seeing old items given new life.