Sunday, May 6, 2012

Basket for Baby

One of my coworkers down in Phoenix is about to have her little baby.

It's a boy.. and her theme is Monkeys.

I had a very hard time finding Monkey fabric that was blue. I had a certain fabric in mind because I had used it to make this quilt and gifts. But I knew time wasn't on my side since this fabric was from a couple years ago.

I had originally planned to make a blanket. But since I couldn't find the fabric I wanted.. I had to resort to my scraps. And I had just enough to make this instead.

I started with 6 burp cloths.. I loosely used these instructions that I originally discovered a few years ago. I put super soft light blue flannel down the center.

I love baby gifts that are also useful!

Then I made another soft basket. I seriously love making these. Tutorial HERE.

They are very versatile too. I made one a few years ago for my niece who was coming to visit and filled it with girly stuff.. hair clips.. PJ Boxers.. etc.

You could also make a "Spa" basket for a new Mom or a friend!!

Anyway.. back to the gift.

I rolled up all the burp cloths and put them inside.. 

And added a tulle bow and a "handmade by heidi" tag.. and then boxed it up and shipped it to Arizona!

P.S. If you want to know who the winners of the Quiltmaker Giveaway are.. Click HERE.
Pin It

16 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

What a wonderful gift you created from what you had on hand!

stitchersanon said...

Perfect. I am sure it will be much loved xx

Impera Magna said...

What a cool present! Love the tulle bow!

Kirsten said...

Awesome gift idea...and so sweet...I really love the colors

Christine M said...

That is such a lovely gift.

VickiT said...

You made some super cute things. Any mom would be thrilled to get those. Beautiful job!

BTW ~ I just emailed you after seeing my name on the list of winners. Thank you very much Heidi.

Needled Mom said...

That is a darling gift that will be greatly appreciated.

Anonymous said...

Heidi what wonderful gifts you have made for your friend,you have some sweet ideas there,well done.xx

Maria said...

What a fabulous useful gift. I am sure it will be very appriciated..

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Fantastic gift...

gale said...

That's adorable. I just finished a baby quilt and was wanting something small to go with it. I think maybe you've given me some inspiration.

Larissa said...

Looks fantastic Heidi!! That is one lucky Mum receiving those gorgeous burp cloths!!

The Thompsons said...

That's seriously adorable! What an awesome gift.

Sandy said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you. !! I received my swap package and was so impressed and pleased. the table runner is the cutest thing - I'm stealing that idea for future swaps and gifts. WOW !! and the magazine with your quilt block published -- that was so special... Congrats on being published. !!! Thanks again.. ( I mailed Kim's swap today -- late, sorry... hope she enjoys it when it arrives, she should have it by Weds...
Thanks again, the swap surprises were very nice...

Beeshebags said...

Great work Heidi, I'm sure she'll love her pressie for her bubby.

Hugs
Naomi

Maria said...

What a lovely thoughtful and useful gift :-)