Friday, May 4, 2012

Swap Reveal

So I stopped at the post office yesterday to check my mailbox..

And to my surprise, there was a package for little ole' me.. all the way from Australia!!

Maria, from Life on the Block made me this beautiful Sewing Organizer.


The fabric couldn't be more perfect! And the freemotion quilting on here.. amazing job! (I actually have some of this fabric in my stash.. I had plans to make a pin cushion of some kind with it.



When it's open.. there are 4 zipper pouches.. and she filled them with goodies for me.


This retractable measuring tape - perfect since I've always wanted one, but never bought one.

And this little scissors to keep next to my maching for snipping threads. The timing of this couldn't have been better either - because I was just complaining about my little scissor last weekend. My husband oiled them for me but they still needed to be replaced!


She also added these adorable buttons and lace.


And these vintage quilt labels! I love it all!!


The little matching fabric tag Maria added to the scissor was love at first sight! What a great little idea. I'm so stealing this idea Maria!

Thank you so much!

How about you.. Have you received your packages? Tell us about them.. or leave a link in the comments - I'd love to check them out.

Pin It

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Heidi this is what i sent in the Happy quilters swap.

http://shez-enjoyinglife.blogspot.com.au/2012/04/this-is-what-i-sent-in-quilters-day.html

Anonymous said...

And this is what i received in the Happy quilters day swap,thankyou so much Heidi for hostessing such a fun swap.

http://shez-enjoyinglife.blogspot.com.au/2012/04/my-quilters-day-swap-has-arrived.html

retdairyqueen said...

Your gifts from Maria are just lovely
My swap pressies have not arrived yet Will share when I receive

Jeanette said...

Received my gorgeous package last week. I so love what Pat sent me. The parcel i sent has also been received. Here's my link:
http://jeanettespatch.blogspot.com.au/2012/05/quilters-day-swap.html

Susan Entwistle said...

What a cute kit. I adore the fabric. Lucky you!

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

What a sweet package to receive! I love the scissor tag, too. :)

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

What a cute sewing kit~ and the little gifties are all wonderful! :-) Enjoy!

Cheryll said...

It was a great swap Heidi... sorry I missed it... perhaps the next one! Love your gifts from Maria...she's always so clever with her swap gifts! :)

Jane said...

What a lovely sewing kit and goodies.
My parcel arrived yesterday, you can see the details here
http://loopylousadventuresintohandicrafts.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/time-for-tea.html
Thank you for arranging such a wonderful swap, it's been so enjoyable

Maria said...

Great photos Heidi...
I am pleased you liked your gifts.
Was a delighted to have had you for my swap partner.
Hugz
Maria.

Linda Lee said...

How fun to find a wonderful package for you! It is an adorable organizer and so full of special things for you! I always enjoy Maria's post and visits!

stitchersanon said...

An amazing swap...just perfect xx

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Great swap received! Nothing here yet. I've sent mine but I haven't heard if my partner has received or not. I believe she was on vacation last week.

tillymint said...

What a gorgeous gift you got Heidi, this has been such a great swap! Thanks so much for organising it. It was my first swap and I have SO enjoyed it!
Here's the swap I sent to Bobbi -http://tillymintsplace.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/so-what-was-in-that-parcel.html
and this is what I received from Ginette -http://tillymintsplace.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/quilters-day-swap-arrived.html

Mistea said...

Perfect practical gift for the Quilters Day swap. I love that Maria made those pockets so you can see what is in each one.
Enjoy the convenience.

Sinta Renee said...

What a fun swap! I love that bag and the sweet little this and that's inside too!