Saturday, August 1, 2009

Thelma and Louise would have hit the BRAKES for this..

Well, maybe not - but they would have looked twice for sure. (that little joke goes out to my sewing buddy.. Thelma.. aka Bobbi).

So I went and picked up my Bountiful Basket this morning.. The produce truck was late - so we had to wait a little bit in the sun. It was hot. But I actually think that I got a little high from watching them unload all our fruit and veggies - I had no idea what we were going to get and the anticipation was making me feel like a kid at Christmas. It was almost the same little high I feel when I go into fabric stores.. almost.. (I know.. I have issues)

Here are the volunteers unloading..

Here are all the baskets.. everyone gets two..

and here it is all laid out at home..
Anyway - if you don't know about this program - it's a produce co-op in Arizona and Utah. (sorry everyone else) and the contribution is $15. I added on a "picnic pack" this week for an additional $7.50. It included 2 pints of strawberries, a pint a blueberries and a nice juicy watermelon.

Now I need some help though - I have never bought fresh artichokes..
What do I do with them? Seriously.. help me! I have 3 of them. I love them - but have never had them fresh like this before. Pin It

1 comments:

Kathi said...

I saw a show on the food network this past week - the guy with the glasses - lol - anyway he did a whole artichoke show - that Alton guy - here is a link to some recipes http://www.foodnetwork.com/topics/artichoke/index.html - I couldn't find the show online - I recorded it though - I think it was a late night re-run and I was delirious but insisted on learning about the artichoke - lol