Friday, June 11, 2010

iLOVE

Remember when I fell in love with the Block Tool? I gave one away because I wanted everyone to know how wonderful it was (and still is).

Well, I found a version of it in the Apple App store. I almost jumped out of my chair.. I couldn't buy it fast enough. And it was only $3.99 afterall. And since I'm 100% off my Starbucks addiction - I figured it's cheaper then my ole' "triple vente nonfat no foam latte".

Wow.. I can even say it now without craving it.. see I'm over it.. I think.. yeah yeah.. I'm over it!

Anyway.. I love my Block Tool - the digital version is just like the "real" version.

Sometimes when I don't have the energy to sew - but I'm in that creative mode.. I sit down and page through the block tool for inspiration and ideas.

See, just like the original version, it gives you requirements for 5 different block sizes of each design.

If you are a quilter.. and you have an iphone, itouch or ipad.. go get this app!! It's so worth it! Pin It

8 comments:

lisa said...

oh, I do have an I-Touch I don't know how to use...I will have to figure that out!

and thanks for calling your old drink out in the right order...as a wonderful starbucks barista, I appriciate it!

Needled Mom said...

Oh wow!!! How awesome!

Heidi said...

I have a couple of other iPad/iPhone apps too. I have not downloaded these, but they look awesome as well:

- HandiCraft http://ax.itunes.apple.com/us/app/handicraft/id371952399?mt=8

This has video instructions for knitting, crocheting and quilting. There is quilt block library that has the cutting information for the block too.

- Quilter's App
http://ax.itunes.apple.com/us/app/quilters-app/id371929699?mt=8#

This one allows you to color in a stock quilt block to see what it would look like for a whole quilt.

I am definitely planning on getting the Handicraft app as well as your block tool. Thanks for the tip!

Jorie said...

Awww, and I just used the last of the amount I had in my iTunes account. Seems I might just have to add some more.

QuiltFab is also a good one (and FREE!) for calculating sizes for backing, binding, sashing, etc :)

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

I just got an i-touch and I am going to go straight to the apps store and get the block tool! Thanks for posting this.

Anonymous said...

Aaargh! It's not available for android phones. I'm gutted - this would have been awesome!

Gene Black said...

hmmm... i have an iPod touch...maybe I need to check these apps!

Poppyprint said...

hmmm, I wonder how I can sneak this onto my 13 year old son's iTouch?

You kicked a Starbuck's addiction??? How many days in rehab did that require? Impressive!