Saturday, December 5, 2009

Friday Night Results

I hope everyone who participated in our Friday Night Sew-In last night had a productive one. I did get a lot done - but not as much as I had wanted.

First I made this crayon bag for a friends little 4 year old. His b'day party was today.
Next - I had made the top and back of this quilt a while back. I had been waiting to quilt it and was having issues with my machine. Whenever I tried to do any type of free motion - the back looked horrible. So, I decided to pull my Mom's sewing machine out of the closet and give it a whirl.. it worked perfect. So I was able to finally get this lap size quilt done. I used "Authentic" by Moda.

I still need to do the binding - I'm hoping to do that tonight after dinner. I wanted to get it done this morning, but with my busy house I wasn't able to do it.

So for all of you who participated last night - don't forget to post about what you worked on last night. We will be drawing a winner for the giveaway tomorrow!
Pin It

4 comments:

Val said...

I finally got mine posted! I love your bag that you made and the quilt is gorgeous!! Thank you so much for your encouragement! Lets do it again!!!

Bobbi said...

i love that authentic quilt!!! very cute. i have a few crayon bags to make myself. along with how many other bags? LOL

Maria said...

Well done Heidi. You were very productive.
I am sure the little boy will love his bag.
Your quilt looks great.

Needled Mom said...

That is such a cute crayon bag. Love the Moda Authentic too. I just got myself a jelly roll of it and am looking forward to a project with it.