Friday, December 18, 2009

Teacher Treats...

Well today is the last day of school before the Christmas break and luckily for the boys, it's only a half day of school. And while they were gearing up for a 2 week break, I was struggling trying to come up with a good idea for teacher gifts for Christmas. We had already contributed cash to the "class gift" so I didn't want to spend a lot.

So yesterday, in my state of desperation, I rememberd the kit that I had purchased from Sweetwater. It was perfect - I decided to make the cute gift bags with Authentic canvas and fill them with goodies.
We baked sugar cookies (well I baked, they frosted and decorated). I made more fudge and toffee. And then we added it all to the bags.

Problem solved!
P.S. If you are curious about my Santa - he and Mrs Claus sit on the floor in front of my Christmas Tree every year. My Mom made Santa in 1976 at a ceramics class. I can't beleive he's 33 years old. He was in front of our Christmas Tree when we were kids.. and when I was married and had kids she was kind enough to let me take him to my house. (Mrs Claus was made by her also.. but not sure of the year. It was later though)
Pin It

3 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Great idea and I love that fabric line. The Claus' look so cute. Good job!

Maria said...

The teachers will pleased with their lovely gifts.

Love your Claus's. Ceramics is another thing I did many moons ago.

http://maria-lifeontheblock.blogspot.com

Bev C said...

Love the traditions involved with Christmas. I am sure the teachers will love the presents. I hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas and stay safe. I love being involved with the sew-in. Happy days.