Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Fair Trade?

A few months ago - one of my husband's coworkers approached me about making a trade.

She wanted to make me an Afghan in exchange for me to make some living room drapes for her.

I agreed..

then proceeded to procrastinate for months.. and months..


Well, the other day - my husband brought home the Afghan. So now the pressure is on for me to get these drapes finished!!

We love the Afghan.. it's heavy and warm.. and we have all been fighting over it. I think I definitely got the better end of this trade! Pin It

10 comments:

Teresa said...

Beautiful afghan. Now I guess you need to get in the groove girl! Maybe we need a FNSI soon so you can git 'er done!

Holly Days Closet said...

Don't you just love barter I love to trade things. Have you hears of Whoopdwhoop
Holly

Maria said...

You definately got the better end of the deal.
Boy I really dislike making drapes.
Boring!!!

Michele said...

I wish I knew how to make drapes! Somehow I can do all kinds of quilting but I can't make drapes! It is great that you can. What a fun trade!

Anonymous said...

your blanket looks so nice and warm and i love the colour,good luck with the curtains

Cheryll said...

I could use the afgan here,,, it's cold again today..although we don't get the temperature you get... but HeY it's still cold to us! Enjoy sewing the drapes! :)

RobynLouise said...

The Afghan looks very cosy and now you'll have to hop to it with those drapes.

PinkGranny said...

Oh that is beautiful...and yes, get busy on the drapes. She is going to think she got the better end of the deal...after all, we like what we want don't we. what a treat to receive such a nice afghan.

donna said...

Love the Afghan you recieved. I guess now it is time to make drapes. Please show us a picture when you are done.
Hugs
donna

Mary Marcotte said...

Don't you love what procrastination will do to you? Just think of it as "sewing for fun" and try to take the stress off yourself.
The afghan is really nice. Love that color. Did you get to choose the color and pattern? What a great trade.