Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Back to "Normal".. whatever that is.

So from the time my husband leaves for work in the morning until the time I need to get ready for work.. I have approx 2 hours to myself. Yes.. totally alone!

Sometimes I sew.. sometimes I fondle the fabric (sounds dirty.. but it's not). Other times me and the dog just watch the news.

But now.. with the worst of the Arizona summer behind us, the nights are cooling off nicely. This means the mornings are quiet and coooool. So today I sat outside on the patio with my dog and my cup of coffee.. enjoying the nice cool breeze in my jammies.

Planning my flower pots in my head.. thinking about giving the patio furniture that makeover I've wanted to do for awhile.. and listening to the birds. (all without making eye contact with the giant hole in the backyard for the sprinkler repair I mentioned yesterday)

Then suddenly.. I hear little feet coming through the house and outside. My 5 yr old hops on my lap and snuggles up.

Me: "I love you so much"
5yr old: "I love you more than Daddy"
Me: "Yeah, but let's not tell Daddy, cuz then he'll do that tickle thing 'til you change your mind"

See - this totally makes up for the day I had yesterday! All is good again. Pin It

2 comments:

Stayathomemommy said...

This morning had a wonderful breeze! I am looking forward to the cool down as well. Sounds like a wonderful start to a wonderful day!
Happy Fall
~Karrie

Stayathomemommy said...

Please email me at The_smith_family@live.com and I will give you my address. How exciting Thanks!!