Saturday, September 12, 2009

Meagans Block

So my Friday Night Sewing buddy kicked me to the curb last night. She said she couldn't get her butt off the couch - we've all been there! (and I forgive her)

I worked on my block for the Quilting Bee. I had to make a block for Meagan with the fabrics she sent me. The grey is the common color that she said will tie all the blocks together - but it was the smallest piece of fabric that she sent. I hope she likes what I did. I went with a more traditional pattern.

I can't wait to see her finished quilt! Her colors have me totally intrigued. And of course, after I was about 1/2 way done.. I thought of a few different ways it could have been done.

Now I just need to get it in the mail to her! Pin It

3 comments:

Bobbi said...

I am SOOOO sorry! I was tired, relaxed and couldnt think fabric. i got up, looked at table and fabs, said forget it and sat back down.

But for making you sew alone, i bought you something FUN FUN FUN today! heehee.

Dorrie said...

Oh, Heidi! Your block is great! And I love the 50 things list. What a clever idea~and a great way to let blogland know a little more about lil' ol' you! Happy sewing!

Meagan said...

I love the block, Heidi! It's so striking, in just the way I was hoping the solid fabrics would allow. Thank you! :)