Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Brush-tastic!

So I was doing a little shopping at Target - one of my favorite stores. And I was alone.. which makes for some relaxing time to browse the isles for clearance items.. deals... you know, those things you can't live without.

Well, I took a stroll down the cleaning product isle.

I was hoping..

maybe..

I'd find a new cleaning product that would make cleaning so much fun... That I would want to do it so often that my house would be spotless everyday!

Well, that didn't happen. *sigh*

BUT - I did find something that I was super excited about.

Now.. this may look lame to some of you. But trust me.. it's my new best friend.

Quite a few years ago I read an article about fires that start in the clothes dryer and how common they actually are (fires.. not dryers). Well, the article was enough to scare me and I've been a regular cleaner of my dryer vent ever since. But without the proper tool - I've had to use my imagination using baby bottle brushes etc. BUT NOT ANYMORE!!

Now I know.. you might be saying "Um Heidi.. they have been making special tools to clean the dryer vent for years now"... and yes, I know that's true. But are they only $3.99?? No? Well this was!

This is the right tool for the right price! I get excited over the little things.

First I tackled my dryer..

That's just after one initial swipe! And I just cleaned my dryer a few months ago.

YUCK!

Then I decided to tackle under the oven..


Giant dog hair dust bunnies.

Then under the fridge. Don't judge me.. or I'm coming over to your house with my giant brush!

This is not a paid advertisement.. The company that makes this brush, "Evercare" has no idea who I am.. not yet anyway. Pin It

19 comments:

Ruth said...

Oooh. I think I need one....but where will it end???

Lana said...

LOL! YOU CRACK ME UP!
I needed that!
and I need that brush!!!

Amanda Dickson said...

Great post...I need one too! I'm sure my dryer and under my stove look alot worse!

Michele said...

I need to get one of these ! And use it! Thanks for sharing!

Nana B said...

We know a family who had a dryer fire. She was home, about to step to take a shower, when she smelt the smoke. The fire was out in minutes but the smoke damaged most of her house. Scary.

Jacque said...

Ok I need that brush. Where did you get it?
jthuseby@ak.net

Debbie said...

That looks like a fabulous tool! I'm going to my Target and get one. My dryer needs a good clean!

Thanks for sharing. :)

corina said...

If you think those are giant dog hair dust bunnies you need to come over for an educational experience at my house! With a notorious for shedding husky, wiry flopsy mop of a terrier and a big lab cross, that's what I find within a few hours of vacuuming! (slight exaggeration, but you get the picture! Could use one of those brushes for the dryer though.

Kristen said...

Awesome! I love those little household convience items!

Karen said...

Awesome! I love Target too. And I actually have no problem at all if you want to come over to my house with your giant brush.....just sayin :) Thanks for sharing!!

Cheryll said...

It's the LiTTLe things that make LiFe easier... like my anti slip foot pedal pad....go figure! :)

PinkGranny said...

This is just one of those things I needed to know. Thanks for the tip and the inspiration to trek out to Target.

Janet said...

I think I need to find myself one of these!

Michelle said...

I too have tried the bottle brush technique, Lol. Now I use my vacuum cleaner the end fits just nicely into where the filter sits! But my vacuum doesn't fit under the fridge or the stove! ;O)

Lis Harwood said...

Ha ha, only you could write such a great post about a cleaning brush!!

Kelly said...

I am not sure if you are into needle work, but the BooBoo Brush works wonders on the back end of your blow dryer that collects lent as well. I did not know that these brushes existed. I might need one of these...

Denise in PA said...

I need one. Now.

DK said...

I'm not judging anyone based on what they get swept out from under their fridge, etc. We moved ours s couple weeks ago as part of spring cleaning and there was stuff there that definitely didn't come from us (cat food pieces, packaging from a soda-pop brand that we can't get here) so apparently when the realty company told us the rental house had been cleaned prior to move-in, they didn't do an actual cleaning. Blech. We also don't use our dryer usually but once a week at most, but I think I'll keep an eye out for something like this.

Mary Marcotte said...

What a fun post. I would love for someone, anyone, to come to my house with a big brush.....provided THAT person is the one to use it! I hate, hate, hate, HATE cleaning. But I do love to organize....go figure.