Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Retail Therapy

See this..

It's a bag full of retail therapy.

I took advantage of being able to shop ALONE after my breakdown this morning.

I bought this cute little charm pack of "Fandango" by Kate Spain. It's so pretty.

And then I bought 2 yards of fabric from "Pure" by Sweetwater. I have a plan to make Spiderweb blocks using all this...

That is a pile of scraps that I won from the Sweetwater blog a few weeks back. They had a giveaway of their scraps from Pure and I was the lucky winner. The plan is to make two twin size quilts for my youngest son's bunkbeds. One quilt will have the brown center to all the webs and the other quilt will have the blue.

Thank you for all your kind words after my post this morning. I am much better now. And the bus should be here soon to deliver my tired little boys. Do you think they'll be upset if I'm waiting by the mailbox? Pin It

12 comments:

Suburban Stitcher said...

That sounds like a great idea, Heidi! My boys have bunk beds, and I've been trying to come up with a way to have "matching" blankets that aren't really matching.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

They'll be smiling if you're waiting by the mailbox. Love your Pure plan Heidi! Maybe I'll do a spiderweb too with my Pure FQ bundle...?!?!

loulee said...

Retail therapy was a MUST! I hope your babies enjoyed their day.

Mrs Quilty said...

I am glad you did retail therapy! It always helps! And you did good. Those quilts for the bunk beds should be adorable!! Good job! Now, did the boys have a good first day?

Val said...

Therapy is good. I hope you have many productive days. I am so far behind on reading blogs but I am trying to catch up. Hope you are doing well.

sunny said...

Retail therapy will cure almost anything. And it's important to stimulate your local economy. Enjoy your evening with the boys.

boysmum2 said...

Would love to see a picture of the spider web quilts when finished. Sounds great

Maria said...

Great theropy.
The Spider Web will look fab out of those scraps Heidi.

Jane said...

I think they will love to see you there, and a perfect solution to a hard day

Tiffany said...

Retail therapy...that sounds delightful! I've been checking out that "Fandango" fabric myself, I really like it. Enjoy!

Helen in Switzerland said...

Oh you lucky girl - oh for somewhere to go for some retail therapy - not a whole lot on offer here :-( It is hard though - I have just been through the very same thing - my youngest (11) now heads off on the train on his own to the big city for school....and I miss him coming home for lunch and telling me that my lunches are boring and that he hates school! (Actually now he LOVES school!) I remember holding his hand and walking him to the Kindergarten....such lovely times...

Micki said...

Great idea about the bunkbeds!
Shopping always helps with everything!
Micki