Friday, September 10, 2010

Web-alicious

Now that I have all this time "alone" while the kids are at school - I found time to sit down and start my Spiderweb blocks using the "PURE" Scraps that I won from Sweetwater. I love this line of fabric! Another home run for the girls on the Sweetwater team!

Anyway - these blocks will become 2 twin size quilts.

The goal is to make one with the blue blocks...

And another with the brown blocks.. and they will be for my son's bunk beds.

I love how they look. I can't wait to have enough complete so I can put the quilt top together!

I'm thinking about backing them with a solid flannel. Making them nice and warm for the Minnesota winter ahead!!

I had thought about doing a tutorial for these spiderweb blocks - but I found an awesome tutorial by Heather. If you decide to do the Spiderweb blocks - I highly recommend her tutorial!

AND - in other news for you LOCALS (locals meaning Duluth area). There is an awesome suedo retreat offered by Hannah Johnson Fabrics & Quilt Shop. She is having a Sewing Camp of sorts - once a month thru the end of the year.

I have decided to sign up for the November retreat. Why don't you join me?!!! It is on November 6th and 7th (my b'day weekend). The price is super cheap.. only $5.00 for Saturday and $7.50 for Sunday. You sew all day with other crafty ladies at the Lakeside/Lester Park Community Club. And you go home to sleep in your own bed.

At the moment - I'm only planning to go on Sunday. But hey, it's from 8am - 6pm... think of what I will accomplish without my husband or kids around!! Pin It

14 comments:

Jane said...

Lovely blocks. Going to have two stunning quilts

boysmum2 said...

Looking awesome as I expected it too!
Do you know how I set it up so I can reply to comments and have people reply to comments I post?
Have searched all through blogger but to no avail, thought maybe you knew which button to tick etc?

Debbie said...

Very pretty blocks. They remind me of a kaleidoscope.

Tamera said...

Those are going to be so awesome together on bunk beds!

Suburban Stitcher said...

OH MY GOSH! i have spiderweb envy! these will be FABULOUS!

Tiffany said...

Looking good! I really like that "Pure" fabric line too, especially the text.

Denise said...

Love the colors of this fabric, might have to go bookmark the tutorial site and check it out!

Lois said...

The flannel backing sounds like a wonderful idea for quilts to be used in Duluth, Minnesota. I have made quilts for my Duluth grandkids and used flannel and they love the feel and warmth. Show us a picture when you get them done.

SheilaC said...

Those blocks look great! I really love that Pure fabric. I have some, but not sure what I will make :)

SheilaC

Bev C said...

Hello Heidi,

A great start on the blocks. I am sure your boys beds will look stunning with those quilts on them. Thanks for the link for the blocks.
Happy days.
Bev.xoxo

Kim Brackett said...

I love your Pure spiderwebs. I recently found Heather's tutorial, and I've been waffling about doing one of these. She makes it look really easy!

Poppyprint said...

Those quilts will be perfect for a boys's bunks! Have a great b'day retreat - that's a fabulous plan and you will get so much done.

Mikol said...

Your blocks are looking great, love the colors and patterns in that line.

lissa said...

Great job.

Modalissa