Monday, December 27, 2010

Quilt for her Dollys...

I had a great Christmas with my family! It has been a few years since we have all been together and it was so nice.

Now, when it comes to grandchildren in our family - the boys out number the girls 6 to 2. One of the girls is 17 and the other just turned 3... and neither one belongs to me *sigh*.

So it's always a treat for me when I can make something girly. My husband and I decided to give our youngest niece a homemade doll cradle for Christmas this year. And I knew I needed to make a sweet little quilt for her dollys to go with it.



I created my quilt sandwich with backing, batting and a large white rectangle. Then I placed charm squares all around and pinned them in place. Then I sewed them on with rough edges, quilting as I went. The entire quilt was ready for binding in about an hour. That's probably why some of the squares are not totally spaced correctly.  

I wish I had taken more/better pictures of it - but with the Christmas frenzy I was lucky to just get these!  

Every one says she looks so much like me. And if she ever comes up "missing" - I think my Sister-in-law knows the first place she should look is my house! Maybe that's because I'm always talking about stealing her away for myself! The way I see it - since she looks just like me.. she would blend right it!
Pin It

10 comments:

John'aLee said...

What a beautiful gift! I hope she will treasure both and that they become a keepsake!

Needled Mom said...

I am sure that seh loves her dolly quilt. She does look a lot like you. I think she belongs to you!!!!

Just Ramblin' said...

What a sweet gift and it looks so cute in the cradle. Very thoughtful!Nola

Poppyprint said...

What a great little dolly quilt and the cradle is amazing. That was a special gift!!! Even in that photo, I can see how people think she looks like you!

RobynLouise said...

That's a nice little dolly quilt and the cot is adorable. Lol, maybe when your niece is older you can have 'loans' of her in the holidays so you can do girly things together :).

Mrs A said...

how sweet! she will love her little cradle and quilt, i bet she will have it on her bed! That was a great idea for a quick quilt design too and lovely colours for a little girl.

Sandra said...

What a sweet gift! Too cute!

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

great idea for a quickie quilt. I am sure she will treasure it and have it for a long time. What a cutie!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

There is nothing like handmade gifts from the heart! What a lucky little girl.

Val said...

Precious. I love it!