Monday, December 20, 2010

Sew-In Results

Thank you everyone for your kind words and prayers. I know it was a strange way to dump all that info out there and then move on. LOL. My mind just hasn't been working in a "normal" fashion lately though.

Anyway, I had a goal this year to make Christmas Stockings for the 4 of us. I'm so close to being done.. but I'm worried I'm gonna run out of time. I might need to sacrifice some sleep...

I have one totally done...



and I have all the "parts" complete for the remaining 3.. I just need to quilt and assemble them. I used the Minky for the tops and all the appliques are with wool. I love working with wool.

I have also been making more of these ornaments. They are just a 3 inch quilt square and are so fun to make.

These will become Teacher gifts within a few days. The kids and I will be making Peppermint Bark and packaging them with an ornament. Then giving them to each Teacher and Teachers Helpers.

I have so much to get done these next 3 days! Who needs sleep??!! Pin It

8 comments:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Your appliques are so cute in wool Heidi. And the Crazy Eight ornaments too! Teachers will love them.

Needled Mom said...

So cute, Heidi. I don't know how you can keep your mind on what all needs to be done.

Unknown said...

Heidi, these are so cute!

Kristen said...

These are super cute. You can do it! Just ignore your email! ;)

Helen in Switzerland said...

Lovely gifts Heidi - but DONT OVERDO IT! You'll just get sick again if you do and then Xmas will be a wash out. I know, I did it last year....Take care of yourself. Sometimes less is more!

Sandra said...

Cute idea! These is never enough time to sew...is there?

Susan said...

Great idea for the stockings--they are really cute! I'm a teacher and I would totally love getting one of the ornaments!! Very thoughtful of you.

Quilter Raised in the South said...

I love the stockings and the ornaments! so glad you are feeling better