Friday, December 10, 2010

Finally Friday!!

Well, it has been a hectic day of running around for me. I had to get groceries because we are probably getting snowed in this weekend. And I needed to get hockey skates for my oldest.

Last nights dinner conversation went something like this..
11yr old "Um.. Mom, I need hockey skates for PE tomorrow"
Me "cough cough.. Excuse me? Am I pulling these hockey skates out of my MAGIC POCKET?" (seriously.. I say that all the time).
Husband "You are just going to have to sit out son... where is your Mom supposed to get skates now?"

Well the look on our sons face would have melted even the toughest of souls! So the husband call his friend the hockey coach... asked the best place to get skates in the morning.

Which turned into me finding my way to the other side of town to buy skates first thing this morning.. and delivering them to school before PE class. I did get a public "I love you Mom" so I guess it was all worth it. And I'll be sewing my "Mother of the Year" badge on my Mom Vest tonight!! Just kidding.. maybe.

Anyway - after all that I decided to hit a quilt store and buy some last minute items for my project tonight.

Those little stacks are wool. The large white fabric is minky... quite the combination huh.

I have already warned the family that I will not be available for conversation of any kind tonight.

I have a date.. with all of you and my sewing machine.  
Pin It

15 comments:

Micki said...

That's a lucky girl..I am sure that they were a great pair of skates.
Micki

Cindy said...

Looking forward to hanging out in my sewing studio and working on some projects!

lisa said...

I remember doing that to my parents, and now am not looking forward to the day when teh weekly parent newsletter doesnt come home.

look forward to sewing wiht you tonight. Binding and finishing a top for a donation quilt. maybe minus the borders.

Patty said...

Wow Mother of the Year and a sewing night too!

CJ said...

Wool and Minky - at least you'll be warm!!
So um, errrr, hmmmm, I have a project that I HAVE TO WORK ON but I can't post about it or show the finished project tomorrow...hmmmmm

So what to do what to do???

Val said...

I am excited and am already working on my project!!!

Joanie Coyote said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets the "Mom, I need _____ for tomorrow." at 9:00 at night.
I did the Friday Night Sew In last time but didn't realize most people were quilters. I made a shirt. I posted it here http://theyearoflivingfabulously.blogspot.com/2010/12/its-almost-tomorrow.html
I'm too tired tonight to sew but I will be at it in a week when I'm off from work. Thanks for the push, though. Your challenge made me turn my machine on. :)

Bobbi said...

if we could only get snowed in together! man we could rock out some projects!

Helen in Switzerland said...

I'm so glad that your son appreciated what you did! (Usually they don't, so treasure that moment!!!). Hope you had a great sew in - sorry I couldn't join you!!

Anonymous said...

The things we do for our children huh? Lol

Was well worth it though for the public 'love you' :0)

Happy stitching x

Lis Harwood said...

Something so special about sons and mums that makes us do things like that! Good that it was appreciated too.

Maria said...

Oh You are a good Mum and of course you had to do a little shopping too. LOL
Hope you are sewing up a storm tonight Heidi.

Christie describeHappy said...

Hope you sewing went well and can't wait to see what you're making. And you are such a good mom to go get those skates!!

John'aLee said...

Awww...your post brought memories back of having kids in school. They grow up quick girlie....then you're only left with the memories. It's exhausting...this time in your life...but later on you will look back and realize they were the 'best' years. I remember my grandmother telling me this when I was at the point you are at and thinking she'd really lost her mind this time. Now I know what she said was oh so true.
Have a sweet Christmas season!

apple blossom said...

I'm posted

http://abis-scrapsoflife.blogspot.com/2010/12/rag-quilt-in-progress.html