Thursday, April 21, 2011

Easter Baskets

I wanted to do something different for my boys Easter Baskets this year. In the past - I've normally just purchased the Easter themed ice cream pail. But not this year!!

I found these plain wicker baskets in the craft department at Walmart. Not the Easter isle.. but way in the back by all the sewing/craft items. They were $3.99 each.

Then I dug in my stash for some "boy" fabric and made simple liners with elastic around the edges.

My plan is that when Easter is over - these baskets will go in their bedrooms. They will serve as a "dumping" place for items that I find around the house that the boys need to put away.

Hopefully - the plan will work. Pin It

14 comments:

Sue Daurio said...

great idea!! Little do they know what's in store for them after the chocolate bunnies are gone! They are soooo cute.

Cathy said...

What a wonderful idea. Hugs.

Impera Magna said...

That's just one fab idea... will have to remember it!

Anonymous said...

great idea Heidi,a safe and happy easter to you and your family

Jantine said...

Love the baskets! And them being a dumping place might work as well. Worth giving it a try anyway!

Regina said...

Very nice! This year I opted for tin pails. My two are just discovering fishing so I thought they'd be good to tote around water, worms, whatever...

Anonymous said...

Very cute idea! Happy Easter to you and your family......:)

Anonymous said...

Cute idea!

Maria said...

Great boy baskets. And useful afterwards too.

have a wonderful Easter.

Cheryl said...

Very clever and even a better after Easter use!!

corina said...

Such a great idea. You usually can't use the baskets with the handles after Easter. I think I need one for my own junk! Have a Happy Easter! Hope you get hyped on chocolate and get lots of sewing done!

Quilt Doodle Designs said...

Great baskets! Love them!

Unknown said...

I love your new baskets and anything that can used to throw things in after is a bonus !

Anonymous said...

Great idea! Easy to coordinate to a room's decor, and becomes a cleaning tool after Easter... What's not to love?